Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jiggety-jig

This past weekend we had our very first airplane excursion. We went to go and visit Grandmas and Grandpas.

Breakfast aeroplano al fresco
She was a remarkably good flyer (especially as, on the way out, she slept until within 10 minutes of Kansas City) and even though I had chosen the busiest business flights of the day (I think my decision-making skills may need a little bit of work), she appeared to charm those around her by force of her sheer good will.
I really got to experience her separation anxiety full force this weekend, however. With no Dad bounding after us, I became the only connection to home. In fact, while we were at my parents, a picture of Jason and me near the fireplace would illicit long conversations, either with or about, the man in the photo. I think she wanted to make sure that we knew he was missing.
Well, I certainly felt that. She was highly opposed to letting me too far out of her sight, and I have to say, God bless the Maya Sling people. Without them, my sanity would not still be with us. I would just kit her up, and off we would go.
She saw and charmed lots of people, tried to move her way more definitively toward that illusory one nap a day, and generally had a good time being the center of attention. Grandma Porter took us to her work and we had a great time going to the park. She had never been on a merry-go-round before. It was always one of my favorites as a child. When I went on it this time, it made me nauseous. *sigh*, I guess it may be time to put away childish things.

I know I'll get there soon, if I just keep following this path
When I brought back pictures from the mall where Granny Carle had put her on the mechanized toy carousel and told about how we went on the big carousel twice, well, Jason wondered who I had gone to visit, because surely these weren't his parents. Since his siblings read this blog, too, I'll just consider that my work here is well done . . .

Stimulated beyond all belief, and loving every minute
I imagine we'll be going back and forth a couple of times over the next year. One of the pregnancies that I mentioned in this previous post, well, Sister Sarah has her very own bump, so Roslyn's going to have to put in some hard work being a big cousin.

No comments: