Thursday, November 22, 2007

We Gather Together . . .

It's Thanksgiving and it's been a lovely day. Baby Girl was the most chipper I have seen her in over a week. She seems to be getting her groove-thing back on.
We had a stupendous day, and it went so smoothly, that I just sat back and enjoyed it. I must admit, I didn't get a single picture, not even of Baby Girl sitting on the lap of her Uncle Ian while he played a video game. But we did have a good meal and a really enjoyable day with, of course, Pepto Bismol Pink Cranberry Relish because it just wouldn't quite be Thanksgiving without it.
So, since I don't have pictures to commemorate the day's accomplishments, I'll leave you with the menu. I had just as much fun making it as I think everyone did eating it.
Grace be with you.

Starters and Mid-Day Snack
Butternut Squash Soup
Smoked Salmon Pate
Baked Camembert with Pecans
Artichoke Bruschetta
Olives
Baguette Rounds and Crackers
Riesling

Dinner
Autumn Vegetable Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Roasted Turkey with Horseradish Cranberry Relish
Walnut-Cranberry Corn Bread Stuffing
Spinach and Gruyere Cheese Puff
Roasted Green Beans with Vinaigrette
Potato and Squash Mash
Cloverleaf Rolls
Apple Butter
Gewurtztraminer

Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Brandied Whipped Cream
Coffee

Chocolates
Ruby Port

No comments: