Thursday, November 01, 2007

Writing my way through the next 30 days . . .

I have rather erudite readers out there, so I imagine most of you have heard of National Novel Writing Month. Well, there is a counter-point movement, National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo. You may have noticed my little badge over there on the right.


When I started this intellectual exercise (is that what the kiddies are calling self-aggrandizing behavior on the internet these days?) back in April, I mainly did it as a way to share the verbal story-type stuff of living with Baby Girl that I never managed to capture on film, still or otherwise. Some of our honor roll of these moments, if I may say so myself, are here, here, here, and here.

However, as time has pushed on, and I've managed to get more sleep, I have found that it is good to be writing again. I miss the grumpy nitpicky-ness that really shines out of my soul when I write (this is made all the better as it is directed inward). So I've joined NaBloPoMo. You can cruise on over to the site to read more. Suffice it to say you're going to see a lot more random blurts from my blog in order to fulfill my post-a-day quota. I have been toying with some additional 'rules' for myself, but those are still a-bubblin', so we'll hold those off for another time.

Oh, one more housekeeping type thing; I've changed how many posts appear on the front page, as I know some of you are occasional visitors. It'll make it a bit easier to see the last couple of blurts without all of the cumbersome action of clicking on the archives.

Ok, we good? Excellent. Let's begin.

No comments: