Thursday, January 24, 2008

It seems to me / That yet we sleep, we dream.

So, we all have them from time to time, those bizarre and often surreal dreams that involve our co-workers and colleagues. Now, I'm not going to talk about mine, but let's just say, they are sufficiently surreal.

It appears that in order for us to have these dreams, we must star in other people's Apollinaire-esque night landscapes, too.

There is a young lady who works with me at the library. She came in on Monday, and I think it had been preying on her mind, so as soon as she saw me she blurted out that she had had a strange dream that I had been in.
Amused and a little intrigued, I encouraged her to divulge the details.

It would seem that in this dream I was studying the monkeys and, when she came to ask me a question (as she does in real life), I informed her that I was too busy caring for and watching the monkeys to be bothered and that she should go away. I then turned back to the monkeys and preceded to take notes.

Monkeys
.

I don't really think I need to editorialize that any more. Talk amongst yourselves.

2 comments:

Alex Vancina said...

Hey, it could be worse. Another coworker, perhaps the same one, from said library has told me of a recurring dream in which I am apparently attempting to give her a shot in the arm with a rather large sharp needle... :)

Melissa said...

ooh, oooh, ooh, now I'm all agog trying to figure out if it's the same person.