Thursday, January 10, 2008

This is the Part that Sucks

This morning I had to go do one of the things that will be a feature of the rest of my life: I went to a funeral for one of Jason's congregation members.
For the rest of this time I am on this earth, I will know people that Jason has served as their minister, people who I regard as friends and have come to think of as family, and they will pass on and I will be confronted with this incredible sense of missing. It is infinitely rewarding and meaningful to be taken into the hearts and families of so many people when you're part of the family of the minister, but it is such a cruel reality to have a sense of their loss when one of their member's dies.
Pray for us all; there is such need for healing in the world. May the Peace that passes all understanding be yours.

No comments: