Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Easter Recap

Just a few things from our Easter Celebrations:


  • When Baby Girl did her egg hunt, she would conscientiously empty the eggs of their contents and then put them back where she found them . . . empty. I am sure that she was trying to make a profound theological statement about the empty tomb.

  • On Palm Sunday, we shout "Hosannah!" while waving palms during Worship. Hosannah, as you may be aware, translates loosely as "save us". It occurred to me that next year, because I have been working so hard on getting her to say "Huzzah!" for the Ren Fest this summer, on Palm Sunday I will have the one human being crying "Huzzah!" for the triumphal entry while undoubtedly looking about eagerly for the Court Jester.

  • During the Good Friday service, while Jason was giving a homily on Matthew 27:46 ("My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?"), Baby Girl darted out into the aisle of the congregation, yanked up her shirt and preceded to try to push on her belly button.

May your Easter celebrations have been as joyful. Christ is Risen, He is Risen, Indeed!

No comments: