Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm not listening . . . la, la, la, la, la

So, I'm blithely reading one of the various parenting blogs that I peruse from time to time and I had a reality check as to a blogger's identity.

I mean, we've all had this happen, right? At the very least, you have listened to someone on the radio, listened to those smooth, sveldt tones, gotten a mental image of who that person is . . . and then you meet them, or see them on a postcard, and all of your illusions are blown to smithereens. I mean, that voice shouldn't come out of that mouth, right?

On one of the blogs I read, one of the writers (and his wife) has recently had their second child. It's all very beautiful, and I like his prose style. He has retired from the rat race, is a SAHD, so I appreciate his not-a-woman comments, and, then, in the course of an off-hand sentence, I realize that this man is TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME.

When the *heck* did that happen? I didn't agree to feel old when I started this thing called adulthood, did I?

No comments: