Monday, June 09, 2008

Pandora's Box

This morning I got done changing Baby Girl's diaper and handed her the tub of wipes and asked her to put them up. She enthusiastically agreed and I headed off to the other side of the house to finish folding laundry.

About a minute later I hear a wail from the other side of the house. I head to her bedroom, the source of the noise, to find my daughter dissolved into tears, the tub of wipes open in her hand and its entire contents pulled out, littering the top. She keeps trying to close the lid and it just isn't working.

With every ounce of reserve I could muster so I didn't scar her by guffawing in her face, I crouched down next to her and told her it would be ok, we could push the wipes back into the container. Then I closed up the top, gave her a hug, helped her actually put them away this time, and order was restored to men everywhere.

No comments: