Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Westering Home With a Song in the Air

So, I haven't been here in a while.
Maybe you came by, knocked, peeked in the windows, wondered where I was. Nothing big and traumatic has happened, I just have been having a hard time trying to see how to fit this into my life at the moment.
Now that I am home all the time with the kids, it's harder to distance myself from the wildly adorable things that they do in order to report on it all. So, I've been thinking that I need to look to a slightly bigger picture of what to post here.
I'm still working on it.
In the meantime, our CSA has started up for the season. We are taking part in a great program called New Roots for Refugees and I am in love with the concept and the produce, of course, is above par. Plus, I pick it up a quarter of a mile from our house at the Overland Park farmer's market on Wednesdays (as you can imagine, being able to pick up my CSA and then cruise around shopping at the market is completely rocking my world at the moment). So, I'm trying to get back in to the groove of different meal planning.
I have a garden in, which is a work in progress, Jason erected a playset for the kids (mostly completed), and my tomato plants in my veg raised bed are threatening to take over. But, I'll try to share what those look like another day. For the time being I'll just say that I'll try to make it back here this week and maybe we can all figure out what the heck I'm going to do with this little thing.

1 comment:

JohnS said...

Hi Melissa-
Just caught up on the past 8 months of your "life" - wow! Sounds like your family has settled in nicley. :-) What beautiful pictures of the kids, my how they have GROWN! Wow!
Take care, be well! Your PAL(S) John